Best Ever, Tolong Klik Sini!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adun Pakatan Rakyat Kedah Shows Support To Azizan

ALOR SETAR, May 22 — Pakatan Rakyat tonight proved the Kedah government remained stable when all three of its PKR assemblymen spoke at a rally, dispelling the notion they planned to quit the coalition.
The three were touted to be among the next few from the party to defect, thus triggering the fall of the Kedah PAS-led government.
As promised and contrary to rumours that were spreading like wildfire this afternoon, the three turned up at the mammoth rally in Kota Sarang Semut here to address the crowd and quell all fears of their possible defections.
Sidam assemblyman Tan Show Kang led the charge and was the first speaker of the night when the rally started at 10pm.
Speaking in halting Bahasa Malaysia to the Malay-majority crowd of over 1,000 people, he expressed anger and dissatisfaction at the vicious rumours.
“I am tired and fed up and having to answer the same things over and over again. Let it end tonight,” Tan said.
He also said that he would no longer entertain the media’s requests for comments.
“How many times must I say I must not jump? I keep having to tell them the same thing — no. The media told me to hold a press conference so I told them ok, once and for all, we will end this.
“I will be here tonight on May 22 and this is the last time that I am going to say that no, I am not jumping and no, the Kedah government will not fall,” he said.
Tan stirred laughter in the crowd when he sighed and said, “This is not like a nice song which you can hear over and over again. If it were a song, I would not mind hearing it. This is the same silly question which I will give the same answer to. So why bother asking me so many times?”
PKR has been rocked with resignations since Election 2008, losing a total of 10 lawmakers including one who was sacked.
The party also lost another seat when it failed to hold on to the Hulu Selangor in a by-election last month. Clara Chooi

No comments:

Post a Comment